Salsa Verde recipe
This herby salsa verde dressing with basil, parsley, capers and garlic goes perfectly with breaded chicken and grilled fish. Herbs are some of the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet so it’s great to have a delicious way to make them regulars in our diets.
- ½ clove garlic, peeled
- ½ tbsp capers
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 20g flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 20g fresh basil, leaves picked
- ¼ tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the parsley and basil (or you can use a food processor). Add the capers, anchovies, garlic, red wine vinegar, mustard and olive oil.
- Whisk together, to make a thick sauce.
- Serve with home-made chicken nuggets and carrot & swede mash with bok choy & kale.