Quinoa chicken nuggets
Who says the food we crave cant be good for us? Packed with lean protein and fibre, these crunchy quinoa chicken nuggets are delicious. Plus the recipe is so easy to make and keeps the whole family happy. Here I suggest serving with Parmesan crisps, peas and carrots, but they work equally well so many ways. I love using this recipe for last-minute or packed lunches, as it works so well on its own, or with a salad. Or why not serve with sweet potato wedges for a healthy take on a not so healthy classic.
Sweet potatoes are a complex carbohydrate made up of different sugar molecules. For this reason, they take longer for your body to break them down than simple carbs. This means they release ‘energy’ into the body a lot more slowly than potatoes do, and so effectively you get a lot more value out of them!
2 tbsp flour
1 large egg
Ground black pepper
2 chicken breasts
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 spring onion, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- Lightly whisk the egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and toss in seasoned flour.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the quinoa, pressing it down so it’s coated.
- Once all the pieces are coated, place them on another baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
- Serve with parmesan chips, peas and carrots.