Super Green Smoothie Bowl with Nutty Granola & Cocoa
For this recipe, we opted for our Super Green Smoothie (as it’s full of seasonal fruit and veg) and teamed it with Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Granola. For extra nutrients (and visual appeal!), we had fun adding coconut flakes and cacoa nibs.
- 1 apple, peeled & cored
- ½ pear, peeled & cored
- 3 medium sized broccoli florets
- Handful of spinach and kale
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Coconut water or water (to your taste and preferred thickness)
- 2 cups rolled oats (we used gluten free)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Chop the apple, pear, kiwi, broccoli and place in a blender with the other ingredients.
- Whizz together until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the thickness by adding a little more lemon juice and coconut water/water.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (or 160 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats, salt and cinnamon.
- In a microwave-safe dish or on the stove, melt the peanut butter and honey (or maple syrup) together until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spread the mixture onto a greased baking tray (or use parchment paper).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the granola is lightly browned. Stir the granola once half way through.
- Remove from oven and let sit until cooled.
- Break it up where necessary and enjoy it with some delicious cold milk (we used coconut milk).