Chocolate tiffin with pistachios and goji berries
We all crave chocolate once in a while, but instead of reaching for sweet treats laden with refined sugar, why not opt for a delicious square of my chocolate tiffin? With its list of natural ingredients, there is nothing to feel guilty about here…
Makes approx. 6-8
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp nut butter such as almond or cashew
- 100g raw cacao butter (or could use coconut oil)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A handful of roughly chopped goji berries and pistachios, but you could use: cranberries, figs, apricots, walnuts, and cashews
- To begin, line a loaf tin or baking tray with sides with greaseproof paper.
- Put the coconut oil, nut butter, honey or maple syrup, salt, cacao powder and vanilla extract into a heatproof bowl and heat over a pan of simmering water, and mix together. Add in your chopped nuts and fruit of your choice.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, put the mixture in the freezer for around 2 – 3 hours, or until it has set.
- Slice into bars (you may have to let it warm a little first) and serve.
- Serve with some fresh berries. Eat straight away or refrigerate.