Acai bowl recipe
If you ever wake up on the wrong side of bed my acai bowl can save your day! Dubbed by the Brazilians as the “Beauty Berry,” acai berries truly do the body good from the inside out. Packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients this breakfast is sure to increase your energy levels, boost your immune system and give you a super healthy glow. Did I mention that this breakfast is also delicious?!
- 1 banana, in slices, frozen
- 150 g blackberries or blueberries, frozen
- 2 tbsp acai powder
- 1/2 apple1
- tsp sweetener of choice, e.g. raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 100 ml milk of choice, preferably almond milk 100 ml coconut water
- berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries dried mulberries
- bee pollen
- coconut chips, unsweetened
- homemade & crunchy granola
- roasted nuts of choice
- banana slices
- Add the frozen banana slices and all ingredients up to and including the milk to a blender/food processor and blend for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add into your breakfast bowl and top with your favourite toppings.
- Enjoy every single spoon, the bowl will be empty faster than you would like!
I love adding some granola, homemade coconut chips and/or roasted nuts on top to bring in some extra crunchiness. You might prefer to only use either the almond milk or the coconut water/milk.