This Cauliflower, Turmeric and Almond Soup can do wonders for you immune system and digestion, no matter the time of year.
Almonds will keep your skin glowing in the summer, whilst also adding a lovely thick consistency to the soup. On the other hand, cauliflower will protect you from any harsh colds or flu in the winter!
Not only does this soup contain healthy fats, in the form of the ground almonds, which also help to thicken the soup, but it also contains turmeric, which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits, thanks to a property called curcumin.
Cauliflower is also a great go-to when you’ve had an indulgent weekend!
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets (use the stalks too by cutting them up into small cubes
- 2 tspground turmeric
- 1 brown onion
- 1 litre vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 50g ground almonds
- salt & pepper
- Peel and roughly dice the brown onion.
- Place a saucepan onto low heat and add the olive oil.
- Place the onions in the pan and sweat for 10 minutes, ensuring that they don’t colour.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and turmeric and sweat for another 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, and bring to the boil, then simmerfor 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove from heat & blend.
- Add the ground almonds and blend again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I topped mine with toasted almonds & sesame seeds!