Raw Roots Bowl
My Raw Roots Bowl is perfect for a hot summery day!
Truly, the most revitalising lunch you could look for, also the most delicious way to eat your daily vegetable rainbow!
Carrots contain B-carotene, therefore act as an antioxidant which help protect against free radicals. Eating raw is super beneficial as cooking can often destroy nutrients and natural enzymes!
This bowl is so crunchy, vibrant and versatile that you just can’t ever get bored of it. If you do, there are hundreds of other veggies you can experiment with!
P.S If you don’t have a spiraliser, a thin veggie peeler is a good alternative – they just won’t be curly!
- 2 large beets
- 2 carrot, shredded
- 2 large limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oranges
- ½ an avocado
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 star anise
- Spiralise/peel the beets and carrot
- Slice the avocado half and carefully scoop it out with a spoon
- Mix the veg with the lime juice, cilantro and garlic
- Place in bowl and squeeze over the juice of 1 orange and cut the other orange in small pieces, add these as a topping