Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is great for kids ( & adults!).The oats provide a slow release of energy as well as fibre, whilst the maple syrup and banana give sweetness without the normal refined sugar overload so you don’t need to feel guilty about them!
- 120g rolled oats
- 120g spelt flour or gluten free flour
- 3tbs Maple syrup
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g coconut oil/butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 overripe banana (optional)
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whiz up the oats in a food processor and combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients (and banana) in small bowl and combine with dry ingredients.
- Break up the chocolate into small chunks and add in
- Drop small spoons of the mixture onto the parchment paper
- Bake for 13-15 minutes till golden brown
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool