Refreshing, satisfying and light. These summer rolls are a savoury treat for the taste buds that will be a welcomed healthy addition to any occasion, or great as a packed lunch. Packed full of vibrant phytonutrients and fibre – you won’t get that sluggish feeling eating one of these!
- 2 carrots, grated
- ¼ cabbage, finely shredded (I like to use red and green, for colour)
- Large handful bean sprouts
- 1large avocado, sliced
- 1 large bunch mint, shredded
- 1 large bunch coriander, shredded
- 20g cashew nuts, crushed
- 12 summer roll wraps
- 3 limes juiced (makes about 4tbsp)
- 1tsp honey
- ½ – 1 fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1cm ginger, finely chopped
- 2tbsp fish sauce (for vegetarians supplement with soy sauce/tamari instead)
You can make these ahead of time, or have the various ingredients laid out on the table for people to create their own!
- Make the salad filling by combining the grated carrot, cabbage, bean sprouts, and herbs in a bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients to make the sauce, and place in a serving bowl.
- Take a large bowl of warm water and add a wrap one at a time.
- When rehydrated, place the wrap on a plate, add the salad and top with a slice of avocado and some crushed cashews.
- Fold in the ends and then fold around the sides to wrap your filling, don’t over fill or this will be very tricky!
- Continue this process until you have filled all of your rolls.
- Any leftover ingredients can be wrapped for your lunch tomorrow!