Raw Raspberry & Strawberry cheesecake
This cheesecake does need a bit of time preparing it but it’s well worth it. Try it for a summer dinner party dessert.
For the base…
- 100g ( 1 cup) pecans
- 100g ( 1 cup) walnuts
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the middle…
- 2 cups (400g) raw soaked unsalted cashews, (soak cashews for at least 4 hours) But need to be used straight away after.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of mixed strawberries and raspberries
- To make the base, grind the almonds in a food processor for 1 minute.
- Add the dates, coconut oil and salt and grind again until combined and almost a paste.
- Spread this mixture onto an 8” cake tin with a removable base, lined with greaseproof paper and refrigerate.
- To make the filling, rinse the cashews and blend them in a food processor until they are crumb like.
- Add the coconut oil, lemon juice, maple syrup (or honey) and the vanilla extract until it is smooth.
- Add half of the strawberries and raspberries and process again until mixed.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours to let it set.
- Once done, allow 30 minutes to defrost before serving & remove from the tin and peel off the greaseproof paper and put on a plate.
- Decorate with the remaining berries.
- Store in the fridge.