Quinoa with Roasted Veg and Cod with wilted spinach, & long stemmed broccoli
Roasted veg quinoa is always one of my go-to’s for an easy meal, because it has the potential to be really nutritious. I like to pair mine with cod and greens like wilted spinach and long-stemmed broccoli. Cod is a good source of vitamin B12, which is needed to make healthy red blood cells, and helps prevent anaemia. Quinoa is a great source of protein and fibre, as well as calcium, B vitamins and magnesium… amongst others! To top it off I usually just use whatever veg I have in the house, but it’s especially nice with red pepper, courgette, fennel and some variety of squash. The recipe I’ve provided is really just a guideline for you to play around with and have fun! I hope you enjoy!
- 100g quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 fennel, sliced (ends cut off)
- ¼ squash, skin left on and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 2 cod fillets
- Knob of butter
- Before anything else, pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Once this is done, place all the chopped vegetables into a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they are softened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa as per the instructions on the packet (I like to boil mine up with some stock for a bit of added flavour).
- Ten minutes before the veggies are due to be ready, start preparing the cod.
- To do this, place the cod onto a large square of tinfoil.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a knob of butter.
- Wrap like a parcel and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the spinach and long stemmed broccoli.
- Then, when the vegetables are roasted and the quinoa cooked, mix and sprinkle over the coriander.
- To finish, serve with the cod, spinach and long stemmed broccoli.