Courgetti chicken noodles
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 courgettes
- A large carrots, grated
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 150g chinese cabbage, washed and shredded finely.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt & ground black pepper for seasoning
- A small handful of cashew nuts (optional)
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps of fish sauce
- 2 red chillies, de-seeded and chopped into thin rings
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1tbsp coconut palm sugar (or honey)
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- About a thumb of ginger, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 6 and bake the chicken breasts in an oven proof dish for 25-30 minutes (until cooked through).
- Meanwhile, spiralise your courgettes (or use a julienne peeler) to make the noodles.
- Heat the olive oil on a medium heat in a large frying pan and add the courgette.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, making sure you toss the courgette regularly.
- Season with salt & pepper. The courgetti should be softened, but still have bite.
- Next, make the dressing by adding the sesame oil and fish sauce into a pan to gently warm. Then add the other ingredients and stir, leaving on a very low heat for a few minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, cut it into small bite-sized pieces.
- Put the courgetti into a large bowl, add in the cabbage & carrot and mix.
- Add in the chicken.
- Drizzle over and mix in the dressing and sprinkle over and the sesame seeds.
- Scatter over the chopped coriander and cashew nuts to serve.