Avocado Chocolate Mousse
My Avocado Chocolate Mousse is a guaranteed ticket to chocolate heaven. This sweet treat is a huge hit with my girls, and because of its natural ingredients, I don’t feel guilty about handing it over to them after dinner. Feel free to top the dish with a sprinkling of nuts and berries.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100ml almond or coconut milk
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, sieved
- 1 large ripe avocado, flesh only
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 squares of good quality dark chocolate
- In a blender or food processor, mix the avocado, coconut oil, cacao or cocoa powder, banana, maple syrup and vanilla extract until it is creamy.
- Pour into two glasses or ramekins, and put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once they have set, grate dark chocolate over them.
- Serve with strawberries and enjoy!