Raw chocolate & peanut butter buttercups
Peanut butter, banana and raw chocolate is a match made in heaven. Another quick treat recipe that I cannot get enough of. The sea salt gives the buttercups a delicious twist.
- 125g peanut butter
- 125g nut butter (ie almond butter)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 60ml maple syrup
- 40g raw cacao powder
- Melt the nut butters and maple syrup together gently using a bain marie method.
- Add the raw cacao powder and stir until it is fully dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and using a blender mix the bananas and sea salt with the melted nut mixture.
- Line a mini cupcake or muffin tin with liners and pour the buttercup mixture in. (If you don’t have a mini cupcake tin you a silicone ice cube tray would also work well)
- Leave for a couple of hours in a cool place. Note that leaving it in the fridge will prevent the buttercups from developing a lovely shiny layer on top.