Quinoa with squash, spinach & avocado
I often get asked for quick and easy lunch recipes to make for the week. Quinoa bowls are great exactly for those instances. I like to vary the toppings each time, but this squash, spinach and avocado is one of my favourite combinations during colder months. Sprinkle some seeds for extra energy.
- 250g butternut squash, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 small avocado
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250g quinoa, cooked
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 25g pistachios, chopped and roasted*
- Sea Salt
- Ground black pepper
* placed on a baking tray and roast at 200C for about 6-8 minutes or until slightly golden.
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Put the squash on a lined baking tray season and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Make the dressing by whisking the lemon juice, water, tahini, garlic, salt and cayenne together.
- Put the cooked quinoa into a large bowl, add the spring onions, spinach and pistachios and the squash once cooked. Mix well.
- Slice the avocado and add.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve.