Quinoa with grilled pumpkin and beetroot salad
- 3 small beetroot, trimmed, scrubbed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ tbsp thyme leaves
- 150g quinoa
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1 orange, juiced
- ½ tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 25g walnuts, toasted & chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- On a baking tray add the beetroot and pumpkin, season and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle thyme over the pumpkin.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until softened.
- Once cool, peel the skin off the beetroot and chop into small pieces.
- Once the pumpkin is soft, heat a grill pan and grill the pumpkin for about one minute on either side so they have blackened griddle lines, remove and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa as per the instructions on the packet and leave to cool.
- Make the dressing by combining the maple syrup (or honey), mustard, orange juice and remaining olive oil (add more oil if required) and mix together.
- Peel and cut into small segments the beetroot and mix together with the pumpkin, quinoa, walnuts and parsley and drizzle over the dressing.