Coconut milk quinoa porridge
This coconut milk quinoa porridge will supercharge your morning. High-protein quinoa and omega-3 rich chia seeds combine for a creamy breakfast bowl topped with seasonal fruit and seeds.
- 100g of quinoa
- 500ml of coconut milk (or could use any nut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or one fresh vanilla pod (split and use the seeds inside)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp shredded dried coconut
- 80g berries i.e. blueberries or raspberries
- 20g mixed seeds (optional) i.e. sunflower, pumpkin
- Rinse the quinoa and place into a saucepan.
- Add 350ml of coconut milk and maple syrup or honey.
- Cover and bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, vanilla extract or seeds and the cinnamon.
- Remove lid and cook for another 3-4 minutes, then add the coconut and chia seeds, mix well.
- Top with berries and seeds.