Bircher muesli with berries
Bircher muesli is universally known to be a really quick and easy breakfast option. This recipe is full of fibre, vitamins and minerals and will provide a slow release of glucose, to keep you full through the morning. In the winter I like adding more nuts or nut butters for extra comfort and energy.
Reccomendation: I absolutely love the Salted Date and Walnut Butter by Nutcessity. They’re much easier to digest than other nut butters thanks to the added coconut flakes and pink salt, which also means you can say good morning to a tidal wave of micronutrients!
- 100g rolled oats
- 70g pistachios (or can be brazil nuts, almonds, walnuts – any of your choice)
- 80g fresh berries e.g. raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, redcurrants or strawberries
- 50g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin or sesame seeds (or both) –optional
- 90g shaved coconut pieces
- 500g natural yoghurt
- Combine oats, nuts, seeds and coconut in a large bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the vanilla and maple syrup to the natural yoghurt and stir through.
- Add the yoghurt mixture to the dry ingredients and mix through evenly. If mixture is too dry, add a little water.
- Portion into jars and top with fresh berries.
- Refrigerate overnight.