Black rice salad with avocado & mango
- 300g cooked black rice
- 1 fresh mango, diced into small chunks
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- Sea salt
- 30g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 30g watercress
*for the dressing
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Sea salt & pepper
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions until it is tender. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by combining mango, vinegar, olive oil and orange juice in blender and blending until smooth.
- Add the avocado, onion, mango chunks, parsley and watercress to the black rice, then drizzle over the dressing – not too much as it will be sweet.