Roasted Squash and chickpea curry with cauliflower rice
We are always looking for fresh, quick evening meal recipes that are nutritionally super-charged. The cauliflower rice makes this a light meal that’s full of nutrients. Squash is an excellent source of vitamins A and C to support your immune system as well as fibre and other vitamins & minerals. Whilst the chickpeas provide the protein you need to grow a healthy baby!
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and diced into inch size cubes
- 200g chickpeas, tinned
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 200g tomatoes, tinned
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 250ml vegetable stock
- ½ fresh red chilli de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsps fresh ginger grated
- Sea salt
- Bay leaf
- Ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the squash in a large roasting tin, sprinkle over the spices, a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile in a large pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil, once hot, add the onions, peppers, chilli and garlic and a pinch of salt. Sweat them with the lid on, stirring occasionally for about ten minutes.
- Add the squash when ready, bay leaf, stock and tinned tomatoes, and cook for thirty minutes. Add the spinach for the last couple of minutes.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice.