Banana Coconut Pancake Recipe
Keep sugar cravings at bay- all day
What you eat for breakfast has a massive effect on your mood and hunger levels throughout the day. A good protein packed breakfast is your best option, even better than porridge if you want to keep your cells fuelled for as long as possible.
This is an ideal leisurely weekend breakfast that will avoid any mid-morning sugar dips, energy lows and brain fuzz that would normally lead you straight to the biscuit tin.
You can use buckwheat flour for a delicious gluten free alternative.
For the pancakes:
2 small ripe bananas, 4 large free range eggs, 4 tbsp desiccated coconut, 1 tbsp buckwheat or wheat flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, a little coconut oil (or olive oil).
For the topping:
300g blueberries (fresh or frozen) & 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Bring blueberries to simmer on a low heat with a splash of water and the vanilla extract
- Mash the bananas
- Whisk the pancake ingredients together to form a batter
- Oil the frying pan and heat over gas
- Ladle the batter in small amounts onto the frying pan, 3 small pancakes at a time (aim for 9 in total)
- Serve covered with stewed blueberries and vanilla