Summer chickpea salad with lemon and mint
This fresh, colourful, delicious chickpea salad is packed full of protein. Chickpeas are also an excellent source of Iron and B vitamins making them a good replacement for meat. Combined with tomatoes, onions and fresh mint and you get a vibrant summer salad that will keep you full for hours. Plus the garlic and lemon are great for boosting your immune system and warding off any unwanted summer colds.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- In a medium bowl whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onions, and mint.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. The salad tastes better the longer the chickpeas have had a chance to marinate.