Chia seed pudding
This delicious and healthy chia seed pudding is packed with protein, omega-3, antioxidants and calcium. This is a winner in my house because it only needs around 5 minutes preparation time and there are so many variations that it never gets boring.
Personally I love the basic vanilla chia seed pudding, but if vanilla isn’t your thing, here are some great flavour options you can try.
- Chocolate: Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to the blended version of this recipe and/or add chocolate flavoured stevia
- Strawberry: Add 1/2 cup fresh strawberries to the blended recipe or blend fresh strawberries into a juice and use as part of the liquid in the whole chia seed recipe
- Raspberry: Add 1/2 cup fresh raspberries to the blended recipe or blend fresh raspberries into a juice and use as part of the liquid in the whole chia seed recipe
- Pecan Pie: Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder to the base recipe and an optional 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract. Mix 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pecans into the finished pudding.
- 2 cups coconut milk (homemade or natural)
- ½ cup Chia Seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (or less) maple syrup (or sub any sweetener)
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- For Blended/Smooth Version: Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth.
- For Whole Chia Seed Version: Blend all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until smooth (including any added flavours, fruits or chocolate). Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into a jar or glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let gel. I prefer to make this at night to have ready for a fast breakfast the next day. It is also great to make in the morning for a delicious pre-made dessert at night.
Think I have all the ingredients for this and some left over raspberries in the fridge!!
Wow, this sounds lush! I’ve had a packet of Chia seeds in the cupboard for weeks and never knew what to do with them (except sprinkle them on porridge or add them to my homemade granola) I’m making this for my brekkies this weekend! Thanks