Blood Orange Citrus Smoothie
This blood orange citrus smoothie is like sunshine in a glass and absolutely packed with anti-oxidants. You can serve it as a delicious drink with breakfast, or add protein powder for a more substantial smoothie.
- 1 lemon, skin scrubbed and cut into quarters (yes, blend the skin!)
- 2 peeled blood oranges, cut in quarters
- 1 banana (you can use frozen chunks)
- 1 apple, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 cup almond milk
- Ice as required
- optional – 2 scoops high quality protein powder (I use Revolution Foods Super Blends)
Blend all ingredients together until they are smooth.